RECEPTIONIST JOBS IN DUBAI – A Receptionist is an employee taking an office or administrative support position to answer the telephone and dealing with visitors and guests when they arrive.
List of Latest Receptionist Jobs Opening
Eligibility criteria to get Receptionist jobs in Dubai
- There are no set entry requirements to become a Receptionist
- Typically, there is a requirement of a High school diploma, equivalent or General Certificate of Secondary Education i.e. GCSE
- Employers may prefer to hire candidates having grab on certain computer software applications
- Courses in word processing and spreadsheet application can be helpful
- Familiarity with phone application, etc.
Skills required to get Receptionist jobs in Dubai
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Telephone skills
- Multitasking and prioritising
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Professional phone etiquette
- Customer focus
- Organization skills
- Supply management
Some tips to represent yourself as a good Receptionist
- Smile often
- Avoid eating and chewing gum while on duty
- Avoid using mobile phones during duty
- Keep a message pad handy
- Use the caller’s name
- Be polite and use pleasantries
- Avoid saying “I don’t know”
- Confirm with the caller with every information either be it phone numbers or addresses
- Paraphrase the message- This sounds professional, etc.
A good Receptionist is not supposed to
- Gossip about customers or co-workers. It’s common for people to gossip at work, but it’s a detrimental practice
- Dress unprofessionally
- Take personal phone calls
- Copy or share confidential information
- Talk with a full mouth, etc.
Job responsibilities of a Receptionist in Dubai
- Greet and assist guests and employees
- Notifies company, personal of visitor arrival
- Maintains security and telecommunications
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories
- Keeps a safe and clean reception are by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Support continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs, etc.
Some companies in Dubai that hire Receptionists
- Techquads, Dubai
- Kaizen Firm, Dubai
- German Neuroscience, Dubai
- Rotana, Dubai
- United Al Saqer Group
- Manpower Group Middle East, Dubai, etc.
Pay scales of Receptionist in Dubai
The average pay for Receptionist in Dubai ranges from approximately 1800 AED- 2500 AED in a month.