New Definition Of Rape – Rape is the offence against girls. It is one of the most heinous committed crime in India after murder. By committed rape with girls it effects on the girls mentally, physically, financially. After that the girls are facing so many problems like no one will be ready to do marriage with that raped girls, society also boycotted these victims, family facing life with stigma. Although we have law against this crime but in spite of this law so many cases occurred in last few months. Even after 70 years of our independence our girls are not much secured in our society. We need some strong law to curb out this menace from our society. After Jammu Kathua rape case new definition of rape is framed by our legislatures. Let’s discuss amended definition of section 375 of IPC which provides :
New Definition Of Rape
Rape is offence against men who:
- Penetrates the penis into the vagina, mouth, urethra, anus of a woman or makes her to do so with him or any other person. Earlier it was only in vagina.
- Insert any object or a part of body to any extent.
- Manipulates any part of the body.
- Applies his mouth to the vagina, anus, urethra of a woman.
All above said is done under following conditions of women:
- Against her will
- With her consent (when she assumes that man as her husband)
- With her consent (when she is unsound not capable to give her consent or intoxicated)
- when she is under 18 years of age (With or without her consent)
- With her consent when she is unable to communicate consent.
A major change in punishment of offence of rape has been done by passing ordinance in 2018 which is enforced on 11 August 2018. Under this amendment act now the punishment of offence of rape is minimum 10 years and maximum is life imprisonment and this act also bars anticipatory bail to the accused.