LIBRARIAN JOBS IN DUBAI – KNOW HOW TO BECOME A LIBRARIAN IN DUBAI – Librarian is a person who works professionally in a library, providing access to information and knowledge regarding books and provides varieties of books with social or technical programming or instructions on information literacy to users. So today we will help you out with all the doubts regarding becoming a librarian in Dubai.
Latest Librarian Jobs
LIBRARIAN JOBS IN DUBAI – Eligibility Criteria
- You must be a graduate with any stream (Arts, Commerce or Science)
- Then you can go for Bachelor’s degree in Library programs
- If you’re already done with your Bachelor’s degree in any stream then you can go for Master’s program in Library Science or related courses.
- Some Colleges take direct admissions on merit basis where as some colleges conduct entrance exams that you have to qualify to get admission.
- Bachelor of Library Science
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Master of Library Science
- Master of Library and Information Science
Also many diploma and certificate courses are available but those are for Assistant Librarian. You can also go for that, it requires no internship and previous experience instead it trains the most in the duration of job.
- Certificate in Library Science
- Certificate in Library and Information Science
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking, etc.
Career options for a Librarian:
- Technical service librarian
- Academic Librarian
- School librarian
- Public Librarian
- Law librarian
- User service librarian
- Corporate librarian
- Medical librarian
- Administrative services librarian
- Consulting firms
- Researcher librarian, etc.
More Librarian Jobs
Skills required to become a Librarian
- Good communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Technological skills
- Organizational skills
- Interest in researching
- Good listening skills
- Persuasion skills
- Detail oriented
- Self discipline
Responsibilities of a Librarian:
- Promoting the use of Library
- Creating database of Library materials
- To prepare library budgets
- To deal with enquiries
- Keeping up to date with new publications
- Setting up activities
- Organizing resources in an accessible way
- Maintain existing collections and choose new books and materials for purchase, etc.
A pay scale of Librarian in Dubai – The highest pay scale of Librarian in Dubai is approximately 5,000 AED and the lowest is 3,500 AED, depending upon the knowledge and job sector.
Teacher Jobs in Dubai