Chef Jobs in Dubai – COURSES AND JOBS FOR COOKS/CHEF IN DUBAI – Here we will help you out with all the required information that you must be acquainted with, to opt Cooking as your career, also we’ll help you regarding the procedure of getting licence to establish your own dream restaurant/ cafeteria in Dubai.
Latest Chef Jobs in Dubai
Eligibility criteria for Chef Jobs in Dubai
- You must be a class 12th passed student with any stream either be it science, arts or commerce
- Some institutions also allow students who are tenth most, but most of the institutions do not allow so.
Courses available for Chef Jobs in Dubai
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Culinary Arts, Food Production, Catering Technology
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Science
- Bachelor in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor in Catering and Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Hotel or Hospitality Management
- Bachelor in Hotel or Hospitality Management
- Bachelor in Home Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Culinary Arts, etc.
Career options – Chef Jobs in Dubai
- Restaurants/ Pub manager
- Event caterer
- Cook Book writer
- Cruise liners
- Catering in confectionaries
- Corporate catering
- Food manufacturing
- Food processing companies
- Consultant, etc.
Skills required for Chef Jobs in Dubai
- Culinary expertise
- Fast paced decision making
- Motivational management style
- Commitment to quality
- Safe food handling
- Attention to detail such as heat control, measuring, precision, presentation, etc.
Pros and cons of becoming a Chef
- Good salary package
- You can start your own business
- You can get a celebrity status on popularity, etc.
- Long working hours
- Not a desk job
- Sometimes it could be suffocating too, etc.
Pay scales of Chef Jobs in Dubai
The average salary of Chefs in Dubai are approximately 6,400 (Lowest) AED to 20,500 AED (Highest) depending upon the experience and skills of the Chef.
Find Chef Jobs in Golden Sands Hotel Dubai
Procedures to Apply for own Licence
Now we will see the procedures to apply for licence to establish your own restaurant/ cafeteria-
- Submit all your required documents to the authority
- Decide name for your restaurant/ cafeteria and wait for the approval from Department of Economic Development (DED)
- You have to sign memorandum of association with local service agent for your restaurant/ cafeteria business
- Find a location for your restaurant/ cafeteria as per the standard of DED
- You have to sign business contract
- Get tenancy contract for the restaurant/cafeteria establishment space
- Obtain approval from the planning section and Food and Safety division of Dubai Municipality (DM)
- You will need to have Trade licence, No Objection Certificate
- Next get all your documents and submit to the DED and you will get your licence.
Along with the business licence you’ll require the further permits as-
- Pork permit for serving pork products
- Vehicle permit for transporting food products, etc.
Also you will be provided with a booklet where you will be given all the basic guidelines for restaurant/ cafeteria with respect to the Food and Safety Department regarding-
- The restaurant/ cafeteria area
- Food storage areas for food processing
- Separate basins and hygiene concerns
- Windows and ventilations
- Entry and exit passes
- Mandatory chimneys
- Walls, floors and roofs must be washable and fireproof, etc.